5.12.5. Replacement of the water pump
Remove the pump for repair or replacement at emergence during its work of noise which level exceeds usual, and leaks of cooling liquid.
Dismantling of the pump quite labor-consuming therefore we recommend to replace at malfunction the pump assembled.
You will need a key hexagon "on 5".
2. Take off a belt of the drive of the gas-distributing mechanism and a tension roller (see. "Replacement and adjustment of a tension of a belt of the drive of the gas-distributing mechanism and replacement of its tension roller"), the lower and back covers of the drive of the gas-distributing mechanism (see. "Removal and installation of the oil pump"
3. Turn out three screws of fastening of the pump to the block of cylinders and remove the pump together with a rubber sealing ring.
At each removal of the water pump we recommend to replace screws of its fastening new as they are subject to oxidation and after long operation can break off at a reversing. Besides, a nest in a screw head under a hexagon rather small and its sides at a reversing of the screw are rumpled. At an inhaling and a repeated reversing of the screw its damaged sides can be crumpled absolutely, and it will be very difficult to turn out the screw. For the prevention of "souring" of screws grease their carving with an anaerobic clamp of a carving.
4. Remove a sealing ring from a pump housing.
We recommend to replace at each removal of the pump a sealing ring new.
Before installation of the pump for sealing of connection and prevention of sticking of a sealing ring grease a ring with technical vaseline.
5. Install the pump in a nest of the block of cylinders, having oriented its case a pro-point (it is shown by shooters) at a case end face up, and fix by screws.
6. Establish details as it should be, the return to removal.
7. Adjust a tension of a belt of the drive of the gas-distributing mechanism (see. "Replacement and adjustment of a tension of a belt of the drive of the gas-distributing mechanism and replacement of its tension roller".